Don’t Be Left Without Hot Water
Readily available hot water is essential for homes. It’s used for showering, bathing, hand washing, and washing dishes and clothes. Losing hot water is incredibly inconvenient for a home, so protecting the hot water heater with routine maintenance and repairs when necessary is something that all homeowners should do to ensure the home has hot water and the water heater stays safe. Here is a quick guide about water heater maintenance and when repair is needed.
Benefits of Regular Water Heater Maintenance
Water heaters are a vital part of every home, so it makes sense to protect them with routine maintenance. Scheduling professional water heater maintenance is proven to lower the risks of problems needing water heater repairs. It can also add years to the longevity of the unit.
Not only does water heater maintenance keep the water heater more reliable and last longer, but it also lowers the overall cost of heating water by improving the unit’s energy efficiency. Avoiding unnecessary repairs, extending the life of the water heater, and reducing water heating costs with routine maintenance can save homeowners a lot of money.
What Tasks Are Done During Water Heater Maintenance?
When professionals handle routine water heater maintenance, they cover every potential point of failure, verify safety devices, and ensure the unit is heating efficiently. Some of the steps they take to make this possible are:
- Inspecting the anode rod to look for pitting and corrosion and replacing it when necessary to prevent tank corrosion
- Checking the water heater for leaks and corrosion
- Draining and flushing the water heater to remove solids from the tank that can cause problems like inefficiency and corrosion
- Cleaning the burner or heating elements
- Verifying the correct operation of all valves and safety devices
When to Call for Professional Water Heater Repairs
Water heaters do a lot of work every day, and they can suffer when not properly cared for with routine maintenance. But while maintenance leads to fewer issues and required repairs, it’s also essential to have water heater repair done when necessary to keep the system operating well and safely. Some of the signs that indicate water heater repairs are needed are:
- Spikes in the energy bill
- Issues with the water temperature
- Leaks from the water heater
- Hot water looks cloudy or rusty
- Odd noises from the water heater
- Visible signs of corrosion
About Water Heaters Only, Inc.
Water Heaters Only, Inc. has more than 50 years of expertise serving Phoenix and the surrounding areas. They offer flat-rate pricing, same-day service, and on-time service. Call them today for water heater maintenance and repair in Phoenix, AZ.